Helping Out in Sudbury
PCIS and the Sudbury Clergy Association are partnering with the Sudbury community through Bethany Hadvab, LICSW, Board of Health Social Worker, Town of Sudbury (contact information below) to meet the needs of some of our citizens. Some of the current needs are:
Men or women's used bike
Uber gift cards
There are many more needs that you might be able to help with, so please check here for a more complete list.
Some Additional Resources in Sudbury
A few volunteer opportunities for you:
1. The Medical Reserve Corps (MRC) is always seeking new volunteers. MRC volunteers support the Board of Health in initiatives such as running health fairs, flu shot clinics, hazardous waste day, emergency shelters and other health and safety initiatives in town. Signing up allows access to opportunities, but there is no pressure to engage in opportunities that do not appeal to the individual or fit into their schedule. Please see the attached brochure. To see the brochure, click here.
2. Budget Buddies, an organization that provides financial literacy education for women by women, is starting a new program in Sudbury on 6/13. They are currently looking for volunteers to provide financial literacy workshops and coaching. No experience necessary, training provided. This is a great opportunity for anyone looking to help residents take steps toward increased self-sufficiency. Residents have had overwhelmingly positive things to say about the program and the staff at Budget Buddies are amazing and invested in their mission, their volunteers and their participants. See application here.
If you have residents (preference will go to Sudbury residents) who would benefit from enrolling in Budget Buddies, please feel free to reach out to me. Once we have a finalized flier and schedule I will email it out.
1. Cancer resources: Here
2. Rx savings resource page: Here
3. College student savings resource page: Here
4. Ongoing resident needs sign up: We continue to update this list as needed: Here
5. We are in need of financial literacy coaches for programming in Sudbury. No
coaching experience needed and people will be trained. We are seeking people
with an interest or a background in finance. If you are interested, please call Lynn
at MCDC at 508-658-0880.
6. Financial Resources Here
7. Guide to Moving Here
8. Guide to Buying a Phone Here
Here is another great resource for students starting college who need dorm supplies:
An organization in the Boston area that collects gently used or new items that can be used in a typical college residence hall.
Examples include, but are not limited to; sheets, comforters, fans, lamps, laundry bags, shower caddys, printers, and more
Bethany Hadvab, LICSWBoard of Health Social WorkerTown of SudburyDepartment of Public Works Building275 Old Lancaster RoadSudbury, MA 01776978-440-5476https://sudbury.ma.us/socialworker/
crane - a new community resource
The Sudbury Lincoln Community Resource Awareness Network (CRANE) has been created as a community. CRANE's mission is to provide Sudbury and Lincoln families with coordinated access to education, support, prevention and intervention services that help raise healthy, resilient youth. Visit their new website for more information at www.cranehelp.org.
Sudbury Community Food Pantry
Volunteers needed at the Sudbury Community Food Pantry. The food pantry serves on average 50-60 families per week from 52 cities and towns. Eleven percent are from Sudbury. Due to summer vacations and some of our regular volunteers moving out of town, the Sudbury Food Pantry is seeking volunteers to help distribute food during open hours on Tuesdays (12:00pm –2:30pm) or Thursdays (12:00pm –2:30pm) at Our Lady of Fatima church. Distributors will escort clients through the pantry and assist with item selection. This job requires some standing and reaching. On average a distributor works once a month. Can you give a few hours a month to help our community members in need? Please contact Cindy Simon (978) 443-4373 or email@example.com.
The Sudbury Food Pantry is also seeking volunteers to help register clients during open hours on Tuesdays (11:30am – 2:30pm) or Thursdays (11:30am – 2:30pm) at Our Lady of Fatima church. This job is done while seated, and no standing or lifting are required. Please contact Cindy Simon (978)443-4373 or firstname.lastname@example.org.