As good stewards of the blessings God has provided us, we are called to reach out with hands-on service and with our finances to those beyond our faith community who need our help.
As a team, our mission is to encourage everyone in the church and community to participate actively in Christian outreach and service, and facilitate and coordinate their participation.
- Provide opportunities for housing ministry in programs such as MATE and youth mission trip work camps.
- Support economic justice through the Presbyterian Fair Trade Coffee Project.
- Minister to and provide hands-on support for appropriate social justice issues within the surrounding MetroWest communities.
- Serve those who need immediate help through the United Way Kitchen, Little Children of the Philippines, and Parmenter Community Health.
Needs beyond our local reach:
- Support programs and people in the Boston area and world-wide through allocating 10% of the PCIS budget for selected mission opportunities.
Coordinate special offerings:
- Provide mission interpretation presentations during worship and special events that emphasize particular mission opportunities selected to receive designated gifts from PCIS members and friends.
**indicates hands-on ministries as well as financial support
Contributions to the Shared Ministries of:
- General Assembly, Presbyterian Church (USA)
- Synod of the Northeast
- Presbytery of Boston
Contributions directly to these Presbytery Ministries:
- Christmas Joy Offering
- One Great Hour of Sharing
- Presbyterian Free Trade Coffee
Contributions Supporting these Local Ministries:
- Boston-Cambridge Ministry in Higher Education
- Camp Wilmot **
- Community Day Center, Waltham
- Crop Walk
- Family Promise
- Framingham Back-to-School
- Framingham Christmas
- Fresh Start of Hudson
- Mission at the Eastward (MATE) **
- Operation Christmas Child
- Parmenter Community Health - Camp Erin **
- Roxbury Presbyterian Social Impact Center
- United Way Miracle Kitchen
- Sudbury Food Pantry
- Worship at Wingate **
Contributions Supporting tHIS International Ministry:
2018 Special Mission Offerings
The Mission Team has scheduled the PCIS Special Offerings for 2018. They are listed in the table below so that you can plan your special mission giving for the year
While gifts to the Special Offering ministries are welcome at any time, the emphasis month includes Minutes for Mission during three Sunday worships to provide information about the particular program and current updates. Contributions to the specific mission program are dedicated on the third Sunday for each. You can also follow the many missions supported by our members by checking the Mission Bulletin Board on the second floor of the church.
Your gifts to these selected ministries are a vital part of the overall PCIS mission and outreach program. They augment the mission funds allocated from the church operating budget and provide members the opportunity to select specific ministries for their personal emphasis.
As you plan your giving in 2018, please consider apportioning your giving across all the Special Mission Offerings as God blesses you and as you feel called to give. If you have questions, please contact Dave Jacob, Mission Team Chair.
Special Offering - Minutes for Mission Dates
One Great Hour of Sharing - March 11, 18, 25
Mission at the Eastward - April 22, 29, May 6
Little Children of the Philippines Pre-Schools - September 16, 23, 30
Christmas Joy - December 2, 9, 16